LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Ignition Problem

luckyrob8605 · 8 · 3169

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
Got my lifan 200 from tms, it dont even have five hundred miles on it now it wont start.  I can get power my turning the key on but when I switch it to run I loose all my power.  Though when I put my battery charger on there it tries to crank, i have no clue what to do now its sitting with less than five hundred miles and wont run... can anyone give me at least somthing to try!

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Based soley on my interpretation of the problems as you describe them, I would suggest a new battery may be in order.  The battery seems to be one of the weakest links on these Chinese bikes and scooters.  You can pick up a decent one at Walmart for about $38.00 or so.

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
Based soley on my interpretation of the problems as you describe them, I would suggest a new battery may be in order.  The battery seems to be one of the weakest links on these Chinese bikes and scooters.  You can pick up a decent one at Walmart for about $38.00 or so.
I dont think its the battery cuz i have a full lights and everything as long as I dont turn the switch to run if its off then everything works accordingly.  Its driving me crazy for the last six hours i have tested wires tried to push start it and everything I dont wanna buy a new battery, and my bike is still under warranty so eventually if my guy tomorrow cant get it runnin its goin to be a T-Motorsports problem!  I appreciate the help but my battery meter says its good and I have napa and auto zone test it earlier this afternoon.

wjsteele

• View Profile
It's possible your ignition switch is bad.

Bill

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
New battery I couldnt believe it but this one has a year warranty!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
yeah but i didnt charge mine properly before riding my bike at first so I believe that helped run it down really fast!

Mr. Furious

I got mine but the instructions told me to add the battery fliud and wait 20-30 minutes before use?  So I did that and hooked it up after 30min to try and start it.  It just keep turning over?  How long did you end up charging your battery and that totally fixed the problem?