LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

New Owner

DFloyd · 10 · 3305

DFloyd

• View Profile
New to the forum. Just bought a new LF 200iii from Rabbit. Had a little trouble already. Was told it would be picked up on Monday, it was not. Called on Tuesday and got the run around with a tracking number. Was told by an employee that the bike was already picked up by the shipping company. Was told that it would be delivered on Friday. Called shipping company today and they said they did not pick it up until today and it would not be here to me until Monday. Basically the person at rabbit gave me the run around, they lied. I am still excited about getting the bike, but this is America, not China. If Rabbit is going to do business, they need to do it right. Let be real!

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
Well they could have released it and the shipping company did not pick it up until a few days later. I've now had two bikes from Rabbit and they were shipped very fast.

Also had one from TMS which was shipped very quickly.

Whenever I buy a form of transportation online I always give it three weeks, that is a fair amount of time for anyone.

In the future I would ask for Brian when you call Rabbit if you have had problems with his staff.

Hoyt

• View Profile
which one is better to buy from rabbit or lifan wholesale????

Jim

• View Profile
I'd buy from Hooper or A.L. if it was me, but I haven't actually bought from any of the American dealers (I am in Canada), but have had a little experience with some, and read about quite a few...

almonpoole

• View Profile
They are both good, but sometimes they can be a little slow. I really can't tell you to buy from as it is up to you but I have had bikes from both company's and Rabbit was a little faster. The bikes were the same.

Also it should be noted that Rabbit is a sponsor of my site, so again, I can't really tell you who to buy from but do your research.

DFloyd

• View Profile
Just an update. I spoke with the shipping company today. Bike will be here Tuesday now. I got a little scare from Rabbit. They e-mailed me and said they were out of a certian model and they could send me an older one, they would even include a free helmet. It did not make since because the shipping company said they picked up a Black motorcycle which was on one of thier trucks and was coming to me. I called Rabbit and they said they sent the e-mail to the wrong person. What a scare! However they did say it was green and I was told it was black. I guess that is cool. I work at Hendrick Motorsports on Dale Earnhart Jr's #88 race team and one of our sponsors is Mountian Dew/AMP Energy drinks. The guys at the shop will love the green. We will probably repaint and trick this thing out. The motor guys can't wait to get ahold of this thing. These guys are more pumped than me, I just want to ride back and forth to work to save gas. I am into tinkering with it too!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey DFoyd, sounds like you have a cool job.  Welcome to the forum.  Congrats on the new bike!

countrycruiser

• View Profile
DFloyd,

I bought a BMS Bemine 150 scooter from Rabbit last year and experienced the same problems as you and even worse, I bought it as a 2007 but when I got it guess what, it was a 2006.  Talked to Brian, he hung up on me.  I think all they have is a call center with no inventory or parts and no service for sure.  Everytime I called for service questions they forwarded me to Chris at Boreem Motor Sports where it was actually shipped from.  Actually he was great to work with.  I would probably go somewhere else if I were to do it again.

almonpoole

• View Profile
Hi,

I'm sorry you had a problem with Rabbit but they actually have two locations, one is a warehouse where they store their bikes and the other is a office/showroom and they also answer calls there. Brian carries over $100,000 of bikes and parts in stock and he sells around 60 to 70 bikes per month.

Sometimes if another manufacturers is taking too long shippings bikes to Rabbit they will find another dealer that has the same bike so their customers do not have to wait.

I'm not sure if this is what happened to you or not.  I have known Brian for over one year and we have been in some heated discussions and he has never been rude to me at all. In fact I would say he has been nothing but a professional, at least with me.

Sorry again to hear you had an issue with them.

DFloyd

• View Profile
This guy Brian was actually a pretty nice guy. I only spoke to him once. The person that seemed to be unsure of things was Echo. She kinda tossed me around a bit. Everyone has been very kind, yet maybe alittle untruthful. I am a straight shooter. If you don't have the item or it has not been shipped or there are other problems, just tell me. Don't toss me around. I'm cool, it will be here on Tuesday and I am excited. I am a little uneasy about the MOS and the possible damage in shipping. It seems like everyone has a little shipping damage. We'll see. This info on all these sites has really been helpful. It will make working on this thing a whole lot easier.