LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Other Chinese Motorcycles

Enduros · 5 · 2070

Enduros

• Lifan Owner Since 9/06
    • View Profile
I have been doing some research on some of the other chinese motorcycles and I am pretty impressed with what I am seeing and the future is looking bright. So far Tank and Zongshen seem to be ones to look out for considering Tank is comming out with larger displacment street bikes which will be much better for American riders who use highways to get around more than small city streets. Also I think Zongshen could be a big player in the future considering that if they have a Moto GP team then they should have the engineres there to make some realy outstanding bikes in the future. Also its goods to see that Lifan is introducing a 400cc cruiser and maybe a 400cc LF model. But I think in 5 years time people wont be laughing at the idea of a chinese motorcycle and acually start accepting them as part of the motorcycling community.

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
Also there is another Chinese company (which I can't pronounce) that is finalizing epa/dot certification for a 400cc liquid cooled engine. This will be a major introduction along with the Lifan 400cc engine when it passes epa/dot.

The Tank Xi products are what impress me the most though. Although the Xi brand are Taiwanese bikes and not China bikes. The quality is really good. I have only researched the Xi 350 sport bike but the Dual sport looks good as well.

Also, and here is a little secret I found out, Xi will be offering a 500cc engine in a four wheeler. If only this engine can find it's way into street/dirt bike that would be great, but I'll take a 350cc for the time being.

I am wondering if Lifan will be trying to install the new 400cc v-twin in a sport bike later in the year. I have heard that they would in 2009 but I'm not sure what they are really planning, it is all just speculation at the moment.

I think the point to be made is that Lifan is about to be in a sea of EPA/DOT and CARB certified China  bikes, It will be interesting to see how they adjust their products price point this year and in early 2009.

Enduros

• Lifan Owner Since 9/06
    • View Profile
It will be comming down to crunch time for all these motorcycle importers and makers and pretty much only the strongest will survive. I just hope the prices wont go up soo much that they are just a step below the japanese like hyosung.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am looking forward to seeing all these new bikes.

Is the Xi 500 a single cyclindar? 

Interviews and articles I have read about Tank seem to indicate they are serious about the American market.

I took some notes on an interview with Tank's VP:
Parts Warehouse
- 10 K SKUs’ for over 30 different brand names including Lifan, Honda, Yamaha
- Largest Chinese parts distributor in US.
http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070522/0256410.html

Interesting they are looking to distribute Lifan parts.  Is this still the case?

Enduros

• Lifan Owner Since 9/06
    • View Profile
It would be nice to have a large parts suppier although it would be realy nice if they base a wharehouse in the midwest or the east coast becuase it sucks havin to get parts from california, especially when somthing breaks and your bike is grounded for a week because you need parts like I am currently  ::)