LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Skygo LF250-B

splinter UK · 5 · 6725

splinter UK

• View Profile
Hello Everyone
I'm new to Lifan and have just bought a Skygo which I believe is the same as the Lifan. Used to ride many years ago and have recently come back to it. Just wondered if there was a repair manual available (just in case). Love the bike but wondered if anyone knew anything I should look out for. Its a 2008 model.
Thanks

Rogerborg

• View Profile
Hi Splinter.  I've also got a 2008 LF250-B.  Yes, Lifan and Skygo are just brand names for the same bike.  The good news it that it appears to be a near-clone of the Yahama XV250 (Virago) / XVS250 (Drag Star aka V Star).  I'm not sure which bike it's an exact clone of, although mechanically they're near-enough clones anyway. ;)

Chinese Motorcycle Parts Online have a good stock of parts in the UK, and an XV or XVS250 Workshop Manual should see us right. The only significant difference that I'm aware of is that the Yahamas have a 520 chain as standard, while the Lifans have a 530, and I'm not even sure about that - I haven't measured my chain pitch yet.  Worst case, we can just switch to Yahama chains and sprockets on the next routine eplacement.

I'm not aware of anything else that we need to look out for; the Virago had a reputation as a robust, reliable bike, and (absent material quality issues) hopefully our Lifans will be the same.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:42:05 AM by Rogerborg »

splinter UK

• View Profile
Hi Rogerborg
Thanks for you comments hopefully things will run well for some time to come. I've just fitted a sissy bar that was made for the virago and with the help of a small bracket I made it fits a treat.
Happy biking
splinter

celt

• View Profile
lifan lf250 supershadow owners manual  pdf file also lf250b owners manual pdf  I have workshop manual for xv250 which covers servicing etc,. I if anyone wants a copy of any of the manuals let me know. celt

sav1

• View Profile
Hi Celt, I would really appreciate a copy of the repair manuals, I have a lf250b and not alot of info here in Australia.
My email is sav1@live.com.au. Thanks