LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Lifan-moto is temporarily down. UPDATED, we are back up now.

almonpoole · 25 · 11239

Tejasmud

• View Profile
I figure it will all work out, and sure it will.

Didn't read much into the links you posted,  but hope no one was hurt in the ordeal.

Have a good one,

Eric

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
Looks like no one was hurt but the internal transformer shorted and blew up knocking three walls down in the building and started a big fire.

Why would anyone stick a freaking transformer inside a building? Aren't those things designed to fail with massive power fluctuations?

I guess I do not know enough about the situation, but I found out in 2003 a transformer also blew up in the same building but it did cause as much damage then.

I have heard 400,000 sites are down and the first floor is melted, Monday morning is going to be rough on us web folks......

Almon

almonpoole

• View Profile
Some good news!

It looks like power is being restored as we speak to the second floor of H1. I believe our server is located there based on the phase1 and phase2 time line.

This means DNS will be coming up if it is not already and we should have our rack back up by morning, they only have 6,000 servers to bring up so it will be time consuming.

Hopefully Lifan-moto will breath again before lunch tomorrow as well as many other sites :D

Almon

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Man, what a nightmare.  Hope everything comes together OK.  Outages are a huge pain when you can't do much about it.

martym

• View Profile
I was wondering what happened to the forum,
Hopefully get it going real soon, I like Lifan-Moto, haha... even someone like me who isn't very computer literate can use and learn!

almonpoole

• View Profile
Thanks guys, I'm still waiting on dns to come up, The Planet says that they have 90% completion in Phase 2 and 0% in Phase 1, I'm thinking we are in Phase 1, but I thought phase 2 last night.

But until then here is a temporary url until the domain comes up,

http://edtweb24dev250.edthosting.com/

Thanks,

Almon

almonpoole

• View Profile
Thank god, I have the forum up and running along with the site, but I am waiting for the Lifan-moto.com domain to propagate.

Notice that most of the links will not work until the domain comes back up.

Here is a forum url,

http://edtweb24dev250.edthosting.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

Thanks,

Almon

almonpoole

• View Profile
We are officially back up now at lifan-moto.com.

Thanks,

Almon

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Almond,

WOW, that's great news for you I'm sure.  I'm happy for you.  Glad everything worked out well for you.

almonpoole

• View Profile