LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Smashed up bike

rich · 7 · 3376

rich

• View Profile
hi,
i'm a fairly new motorcyclist, and have a lifan LF125-3 as my first bike.
and i guess it was inevitable that i had my first crash not long ago :( i could have been a lot worst and i came out of it with just some torn ligaments in my shoulder.
my bike, however, came out worse. the front forks are bent, the whole front console is kaput (speedometer etc), as well as the mirrors and headlight.
so i'm totally new to all this but i want to repair it myself instead of sending it to a mechanic. i was told when i got the bike that the parts were interchangeable with honda parts. is this true? if so what model would i get them for?
it's just that Lifan seems pretty underground and i'm having trouble finding any useful information about them.
so any help, tips, suggestions, links to online resources, phone numbers to dealers (UK), anything would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Really sorry to hear that.  Glad you are not too banged up.

Have you priced out Lifan parts through your dealer?

I hope someone around here can answer your question.  Also, search http://groups.yahoo.com for "lifan" and check in with www.lifan-moto.com.  Also, http://www.chinariders.net/ might have some answers.  American Lifan has a forum http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/customer/ but they probably won't give you Honda part numbers :D  But might as well ask them for Lifan parts sources.

I hate to send you away.  Please come back and let us know how it goes!  Good luck on the rehab of the bike and the shoulder.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:47:00 AM by stryder »

Tejasmud

• View Profile
Ouch!

Been there and done that "smashing up a bike" routine more than once.
In opinion, personal preference, or what have you, I am a
little superstitious on wrecked bikes. Just me, I guess..

Make sure you check out the bike thouroughly. Some twisting, or cracks
in a frame will not be easy to see. Pay close attention to stress related
areas like the joints where tubes are welded together.

It is a 125cc so not much power behind it, and it can be rebuilt for sure.
Just be cautious, don't want a recap.

We learn from our mistakes they say. 

Ride safe.  :)

Eric

Martin

• View Profile
Here is a link to a UK dealer who has loads of spareparts:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CHINESE-BIKE-SPARES_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Many parts are the same on different named brands. The Lifan sportsbike is 95% identical to LX200, GRX200, Skyjet 200 and many more.

Hope that helps you...

joford

• View Profile
do you have a chopper. i dont know if i have the right site or not. i have a 200 cc lifan chopper. some call them scorpion. 3/4 scale. 5 speed    my bike is new and just quit. trying to find a website to try to figure out whaaat is going on. are you in united states.    thanks    jo ford

bpooldaz

• View Profile
hi ive a LF125 i got hold of for spares mu son crashed .. well slid off ive forks etc that are not damaged of the doner bike let me know if your intrested
hi,
i'm a fairly new motorcyclist, and have a lifan LF125-3 as my first bike.
and i guess it was inevitable that i had my first crash not long ago :( i could have been a lot worst and i came out of it with just some torn ligaments in my shoulder.
my bike, however, came out worse. the front forks are bent, the whole front console is kaput (speedometer etc), as well as the mirrors and headlight.
so i'm totally new to all this but i want to repair it myself instead of sending it to a mechanic. i was told when i got the bike that the parts were interchangeable with honda parts. is this true? if so what model would i get them for?
it's just that Lifan seems pretty underground and i'm having trouble finding any useful information about them.
so any help, tips, suggestions, links to online resources, phone numbers to dealers (UK), anything would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

barnyspart

• View Profile
Email for Lifan I think is iec031@lifan.com or if you need parts go to www.llexeter.com especially now, they have a 30% discount  ;D