LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

different style lifans

Hoyt · 8 · 2569

Hoyt

• View Profile
I have been noticing as i look at different websites some lifan 200cc bikes have a different fairing and markings and shapes is this normal? and if so if you order one will it come to you different than it looked on the website......Just curious....i like the blue one ive seen on here that has GS on it...

Jim

• View Profile
It depends on who you order from, there are a few sport bikes, mainly the 200 III and the 200B, if you get it from American Lifan, you will get the bike you ordered I believe, if you order it from one of the other online dealers, it could come the same, or it could be different, I think sometimes it is hit or miss... There are so many online dealers, tms, galata (which is also rabbit, and I believe somehow associated with tms), and hooper imports are the biggest ones I know of (grey market that is, A.L. I would think would be the largest one)... Check lifan-moto.com and ask some of there members for more specific info on which dealers deliver as advertised, and check out chinariders.net, there are some dealers that send out different colored bikes, some even send different bikes!

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
There are some sites that sell the LF200-II as the LF200-III. I like the old fairing as it is a two piece design though.

The different markings and logos are based on the branding requested by the importer. Most importers have their own naming scheme even though the bike is a Lifan LF200-III made in the Chongqing China Lifan factory.

As long as it is a LF200-III they are the same, an example of companies with the same bike would be Rabbit Scooters, T-Motor Sports, Hooper Imports and American Lifan.

Hope that helps.....

Hoyt

• View Profile
so what is the difference in the II  and the III

almonpoole

• View Profile
Basically the fairing is the only difference, some of them may make a little less hp, but the LF200-II that was being sold just before the LF200-III had the 163 fml just as the LF200-III

Here is a link to one,

http://mefast.com/LIFAN/MOTORCYCLE/LF200II/LF200II.html

Now there is a new LF200-B as Jim was describing (I think we posted about the same time). It is a completely different bike from the fairing, frame and engine. It looks faster than an Lf200-III but it is really a little slower as it make a little less power and is a little heavier but you can still mod it to get more power out of the engine.

I am opting for the larger displacement engines myself though, 200cc is not doing it for me anymore.

Almon

Jim

• View Profile
I like that one more then the III or the B even, nice paint scheme and fairings :) The main thing I don't like the look of on the lifan sport bikes is the exhaust (the pipe, not the muffler), and the rear end...

Hoyt

• View Profile
i like itchys bike.did those covers come on it or did he have to buy them...you know the ones that cover the engine on  the sides

almonpoole

• View Profile
As I understand it he made the engine covers. He did a great job on that bike, I think I heard him say he sold it though. I think he is like me a little in that he would rather work on them than ride them ;D.