LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

new guy

j.r. · 5 · 1838

j.r.

• View Profile
hey guys
i'm new to this forum and to bikes all together
i have been interested in bikes since high school and just recentlly went to see about getting a ninja 250r but was declined (bad credit ofcourse).  But i work for valvoline and the other day i did a state inspection on a lifan. i havent ever heard of lifan before and after doing a little research on them i found how cheap they were and there is a shop that sells them right down the street. Lifan has broght me getting a bike back to life. just wanted to know a liitle more about them and thoght i'd say hi.

j.r.

wjsteele

• View Profile
Which bike are you interested in?  I have two LF200 (Mark 3) bikes.  (You can see both of them in the videos I did over at http://www.lifan-moto.com.)

They're great bikes for the money, and after modifications, they're even better.  Equal in performance to the Ninja 250.

Bill

james

• View Profile
hi j.r., welcome to the forum.
    i can say that i was in your boat just a few years ago. while in high school i got an old honda which was nice, but not the greatest on gas or looks. while going through ebay one day, i found the lifan brand and ended up buying it before knowing what it was. you asking around is a smart move. what i can tell you is that for the money, youre not going to find a better buy. im assuming that youre good at working on mechanical stuff, which is good, because to really get the most out of these bikes you have to do some mods, including changing the rear sprocket and air filter, and  rejetting the carburator. these mods will cost you another $100, but there worth it. im 6'1" and 210 lbs and this bike can take me through the mountains of Pa at over 50 mph, all that while getting 75 mpg and only paying 170 a year on insurance.                  

as far as who to buy from, there is alot of debate. from what i get out of it, you can buy from a dealer and pay more but get service, or buy from a direct importer and pay less, but have to assemble the bike yourself. the "dealer" i speak of is American Lifan, and the direct importers are guys like rabbit scooters, hooper imports, and others. almon poole, a member of this forum swears by rabbit scooters (www.rabbitscooters.com), but another member is having a problem with them. in my opinion i think that rabbit is just very busy right now (they are in the middle of moving warehouses or something to that effect) and it is unfortunate that buyingchina is waiting, but that they are a good buisness.
         now to the bikes. there are currently two models of streetbikes that you can choose from. the LF200 III which can be seen in the video section and you have the LF200-B which can be seen here  http://www.lifan-moto.com/gallery/rabbit3/   it is the red and blue bikes. the III is not bad, but it has skinny tires, a rear drum brake and only one front disk break. the tires can be switched out for larger ones. the B, in my opinion is better looking and safer, with wider tires, two front disk brakes and a rear disk brake. it also has the high fuel tank and just looks meaner. now if you go with the american lifan B you will get a bike with bug headlights, instead of the direct importer headlights as seen in the photo. while in lifan-moto.com you can see a picture of the american lifan B if you look at "manman308's Lf200 B red" under the photos heading. unfortunately there are no direct importers
selling the B yet, as far as i know.
      i hope all this helps, and to the other members on the forum, help me if i missed anything
james

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
James, I think you hit it right on the head. Good answer!

The only thing I would add is do your research on who you buy from and if you do want a LF200-B from a direct importer you will not have to wait much longer, maybe another month or so at the most (hopefully :)).

Thanks,

Almon

macdofwy

• View Profile
I bought my bike from T-motorsports through Ebay.  only a 30 day warranty, but the price was low.  Fast shipping and got my MSO the same day the bike arrived.