LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Alignment Advice? (5 quickie questions)

wireflight · 2 · 1546

wireflight

• View Profile
I've got a TMS250 (re-branded Lifan LF250), with which I am generally delighted; however, I have noticed something odd: the front and rear wheels do not track in the same groove when the bike is traveling in a straight line.

1. Given the possible spatial misalignments that could cause such an occurrence (there are MANY), what is the best way for me to determine which misalignment (or combination of misalignments) is responsible for the "problem" with my bike?

2. Have you (or one or more others you know) else encountered this "problem"?

3. If so, how did (you/he/she/they) go about trying to obtain a perfect alignment?

4. What sort of results did these efforts produce?

5. What, if anything, would (you/he/she/they) do differently if you were to attempt such a project in the future?

THANKS!

ihboyjosh

• View Profile
i havent personaly had this problem my freind though has me being the more able one when coming to sorting niggles marked where the wheels were sitting on my garage floor with a chalk line then measuring the distance of the space between the alignment cut some steel tube out of the same size as the axle or whatever you want to call the bolt going through the wheel) cut it to the right length and replace the original spacers the result was good but temorary as i didnt smooth the edges which damaged the bearings but smooth it and it should work at treat ;D