LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

electrical question

passin_thru · 2 · 1484

passin_thru

• View Profile
I'm in the process of planning and building a custom motorized bicycle using either a Lifan 110cc or Lifan knockoff 110cc, and one thing I've not been able to find out yet, is what is the output of the charging circuit on these motors?

I know they are 12v, but I do not yet know the wattage or amperage of the output, and no vendor I have emailed seems to know either. Could someone crank their bike up and get a reading? I would seriously love to know.

To give an idea of why I need this information, I am planning on installing an led tail/brake light, an HID headlight (35w), and running a TomTom GPS unit from a small motorcycle battery, and want to make sure that the internal charging circuit of a Lifan/Lifan knockoff will be up to the task.

I anticipate that the taillight will draw maybe 1amp at full lit, the headlight will draw approx. 3amp, and the GPS will probably be between .5 and 1 amp. At full tilt that should be about 5amp/60w, give or take.

Again, I just wish to make sure that the motor's charging system will be up to the task.

passin_thru

• View Profile
Nobody knows and nobody is willing to grab a voltmeter to check?