Poll

How to service "gauze of the lubrication"

oil filter?
3 (100%)
gauze of the lubricaiton
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

pmjosu

This is what my owner's manual says.  What is it?  Where is it? How do I service it?  thanks

Mr. Furious

Are you asking about the oil filter?  I actually don't know where that is located.  But after reading most of the manual, you'll need a PHD to understand it.

VegasTech702

• View Profile
The oil filter on a LF250 is on the right (passenger) side of motor and has three allen-head bolts retaining it to the motor. The oil filter cover is branded "LIFAN". Inside the cover you will find a rubber O-ring seal on the inside edge of cover. Centered within the cavity is the oil filter or "strainer" as more correctly described. I recommend using brake/parts cleaner to thoroughly clean the debree from the strainer. If yours is a paper type filter it must simply be replaced. Re-tighten the cover snugly. Thats about all for the filter.

rockkkkher

• View Profile
what kind of bike do you have? im looking for help on my lf200iii gs , i heard it has no filter, just a screen (gauze) after you take off the 24mm bolt, but i dont know for sure!!

joe

• View Profile
It sounds like its the same as the 125 gauze filter,undo the 24 mm nut, draw out the gauze and wash in petrol check for bits and swarf,let it dry and replace,easy peasy,
reference to get a real bike i presume he means a good ole british machine,why come on this forum to take the piss!!!  
when people are asking for help we are all on to wheels
 hope the info helps 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:28:02 AM by joe »