LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

My 05' LF250, American Lifan?

VegasTech702 · 6 · 7148

VegasTech702

• View Profile
I bought a Lifan LF250 and just registered it. I am trying to roundup some parts but the dealer I contacted on email stated that my bike had to be an "American-Lifan" and I would have to provide the VIN number for him to sell me any parts. First off, how do you know whether or not it is a "true American Lifan" or not on your own and in addition what does it mean if it is not? How could Lifan co in China be selling bikes to dealers in the US that are not legitimate?

Also, How do I get a user's manual on this bike?

Derek

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Vegas,

Might want to post the question here...
http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/customer/

That is American Lifan's official forum.

Please let us know what they say.

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
Another important thing to note is that American Lifan has stated that once the gray market bikes are sold and out of stock in this country they will provide you parts for your bike through a American Lifan dealer.

Once you get the number off of the American Lifan home page try calling and ask for Shawn as he can give more detailed information about when this might happen.

Thanks,

Almon

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info.  Awsome Shawn!  I think that will be great for owners and dealers.

patdupuis

• View Profile
I just bought a 05 250. I am told by the person I bought it from that it takes yamaha parts. Not only am I new to Lifan, I am new to motorcycles.

Last night, my chain fell off. It was no big deal to put it on and I tightened it up when I got home. It seems to be straightforward on tightening the chain but I am using "common sense". This doesn't always apply. Is there a maintenance section to this forum? Is a service manual available for this bike?

Nice to meet everyone and I will be here often, I think.

Pat

VegasTech702

• View Profile
I just bought a 05 250. I am told by the person I bought it from that it takes yamaha parts. Not only am I new to Lifan, I am new to motorcycles.

Last night, my chain fell off. It was no big deal to put it on and I tightened it up when I got home. It seems to be straightforward on tightening the chain but I am using "common sense". This doesn't always apply. Is there a maintenance section to this forum? Is a service manual available for this bike?

Nice to meet everyone and I will be here often, I think.

Pat

Well I just serviced my chain today, after 1200miles on the odometer it appears to have stretched a bit. basically on the end of frame on either side of the rear tire there are two nuts. You have to loosen the axle nut then loosen the rear-most nut on the end of the frame on each side of the tire.
Then use the innermost nut to draw the axle to the rear, tightening the chain. Use a tape measure to determine that the center of the axle is the same distance from the rear of the frame. Yuu should have about 1/2in of play with no added weight on the bike with both tires on the ground. When a rider gets on the bike you will notice the chain becomes taut.

Now that you have adjusted the tension of your chain you would be well advised to lubricate it with some quality chain wax. I used the castrol brand that can be had from your local motorcycle shop for  $10-$15.

I maintenance my chain every 2 mos due to the high amount of miles I ride my motorcycle.