LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Howdy , New Memeber with a girlfreind atop a Lifan 200 street

Harley883r · 2 · 1288

Harley883r

• View Profile
Ok , so I met a girl , the fact she had a bike attracted me to her.

Been together for awhile , but sadly we dont get to ride together becuse she has a Lifan , a 2007 with a 200cc engine , looks like a Ninja that got left in the dryer too long. Not that i have a problem with the bike , it has a problem that keeps it from going more then 50 feet.

Freinds of hers have all had a go at fixing it , still it doesnt run.

Im a mechanic by trade , but i work on cars , namely caddys and volvos.

I know for sure the little guy has a bad battery , I figured though that it should run after i kickstart it off the power it generates. Its possible though that all it needs is a battery so this weekend im going to work on it for the first time. Anything I should look for while I am in there swapping in a battery?

Im also going to change out its spark plug , ive found the NGK number for that thinks to this site ..

Anyway , I would like to hear any ideas you all might have , I miss riding next to my girl (its nice to have her on the back of the hog but she likes to be in controll too LOL)

crossed

• View Profile
I have a 200b and had a power problem.  I could push or kick start, but the battery was always dead.  I'd charge it on a charger and it'd get me a couple days worth of starts...then dead again.

Its been at the dealer for 2 weeks and he said he there was a bulb not fully in and since he push it in all the way it hasnt had the problem again...