LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Who is Tejasmud?

Tejasmud · 6 · 2816

Tejasmud

• View Profile
Hello! (echo, echo, echo)

Tejasmud, (aka Eric), here in the North DFW area.

Cool site, for just LIFAN? I assume, although one should never assume anything while riding, or working on a machine.

Anyway, while I am not new to motorcycles, I am new to LIFAN.
Actually I have my eyes on a 2008 LF200-B, for putting around town, and commuting to work, which is about 5 miles away in 45 mph traffic. I don't need sheer power, I have other bikes for that.

Actually, the GPM and price is what caught my attention. Also the wider tires, brakes compared to the LF200 iii, and I like the styling better.

From what I have read so far on these bikes, not much of an aftermarket. Oh, and check every nut and bolt, but that's with any machine. Apart from a few tweaks like braided lines, possibly different brake pads for comfort, I don't care to do much to it other than maintenance. I do all my own work on my machines, well, for the excption of changing tires. Sorry, don't do tires, possibly long story for another day. I have also read some of the comments in the order of getting what you pay for, (no jab, just summing into my own words those who dislike), but I'm a firm believer in you pay for your lack of maintaining also. And, style of riding figures in there quiet a bit too.

So, after I buy the machine I'll be able to contribute in more detail, thoughts on tweaks, maintenance, where I source parts, and so on.

Tejasmud....out...always with my helmet on.

Eric

Tejasmud

• View Profile

No replies yet? :P

Aaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaa............

Whoa! Lots of info at,

LIFAN MOTO.com

Looks geared more towards the LF200 though.

Hmmmm.......

Cool.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Eric, welcome to the site!  Sorry i did not see your post sooner.

Lifan Moto has been around for a while and Almon the members there have put together a great resource.

LifanForum is always a work in progress.  Everyone is welcome.  Anything you want to see that might make it more attractive, besides visitors :D

Anyway, I like lifan bikes for what they are.  I am sick of what the big 4 have to offer and I am very excited that companies like Lifan are stepping up to give people some options.  LF200-B is a cool bike.  Aftermarket will come as soon as there are enough buyers to support it.  It is a good business oppertunity if you have the tools and knowhow to build some aftermarket parts for the bikes.

Oh, and feel free to chat about any bikes that sound cool to you.  I am interested in all of them.  Even honda sometimes.  ::)

Tejasmud

• View Profile
Anyway, I like lifan bikes for what they are.  I am sick of what the big 4 have to offer and I am very excited that companies like Lifan are stepping up to give people some options.  LF200-B is a cool bike.  Aftermarket will come as soon as there are enough buyers to support it.  It is a good business oppertunity if you have the tools and knowhow to build some aftermarket parts for the bikes.

Oh, and feel free to chat about any bikes that sound cool to you.  I am interested in all of them.  Even honda sometimes.  ::)

Thanks for the welcome.

The lifan bikes seem pretty simple. At least the LF200-B and iii which I have been checking out.
One cylinder, which takes me back to my dirtbike days. Easier to work on to say the least.

I figured the aftermarket will arrive soon enough also, funny, but the idea did cross my mind on aftermarket designs. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and know my way aound the machine shop so never know. Affordable bolt on horsepower would seem the ticket. For now I figured on just buying one to putt around on in town, but then again I've never had a machine I didn't mod out  :D   

Motocycle.pro would be the closest for me to purchase a lifan, I think. They have an add in the Cycletrader for the 2008 lf200-B going at $1495.95. I would guess this bike would require assembly. Not a problem if so, I would prefer it that way to be honest. Save some time checking it out.  8)

First time I actually noticed lifan, and many other Chinese bikes was in China. Most of them were 70's looking, and every once in a while I would see a sport model. There seems to be a restiction on size, most of them were less than 250 cc I believe, which possibly drives the size limitation we see here being the Chinese market they were geared towards. Moped scooters seem to be the most affordable there, well that and a billion electric bikes. Some of the motocycle repair shops I had seen were nothing but a small hole in the wall shop maybe 8ft x 20 ft, and much of the work was performed out on the sidewalk. From fixing flats, to splitting the cases. Simply amazing.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
and a billion electric bikes.

Electric bikes?  Really.  Man, i am gonna have to look into that.  I know they exist but did not know they were so widely used. 

http://motorcycles.pro/ContactUs/tabid/161/Default.aspx

Man, that is one good looking sales team!!   :o  Don't go there or you will be broke! :D jk

When were you in China?

Tejasmud

• View Profile
No joke, "would you like the $700 helmet sir to go with that $1500 motorcycle?"

Ummmny...ummmny...yes....of course... :D

On second thought, I would like the Hyosung GT650R instead, no make that the Ducatti.  8)

Whew!

I'm a sucker for Asians.......hahaha.........literally. 

China?

My last trip was in Feb and March this year for 5 weeks to Shanghai for the company. I began going to China on business back in Jan 2005, and then it became personal trips mixed in with business trips. My wife is Chinese.   ::)  So, trips back and forth are pretty much the norm.

The electric bikes.

I call them electric bikes, I think they are more sort of kinetic driven bikes. Some seem to be battery driven mixed in to get them moving without peddling, but most have peddles also. If one lives on relativly flat land like in Pudong Shanghai, then they would work great I guess.. 

At first I was looking at the lifan bikes, then I started checking out the hyosung bikes. Really like the GT650R, but for what I want in a new bike is the MPG, and the lifan seems to be reasonable in both price and MPG. 

When looking into the hyosung bikes I came across the korider site, cool site also.