LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

No brake lights

luckyrob8605 · 5 · 1659

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
Again a small problem when I hit my brakes the light does not come on usually they blink during your braking period... I just installed a new battery now the brake lights arent working properly but the bike is still runnin good

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Again a small problem when I hit my brakes the light does not come on usually they blink during your braking period... I just installed a new battery now the brake lights arent working properly but the bike is still runnin good
HI. Did you try to adjust the round black switch thats controlled by the pedal?

Does the light work if you use the handle bar brake?

Do a few tests and post your findings.

Buyingchina
Buyingchina

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
when i hit the brakes the lights that blink are not working I will try to go and adjust the wire, but are you talking about the foot brake or the front brake?

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
The  adjustment I'm referring to is for the switch at the rear brake pedal. You can adjust the switch  position up or down using the 2 plastic hex nuts on opposite sides of its mounting bracket. If the large red brake light in the rear is working, and the switch is properly adjusted , this light should come on with a little less than 1/2 inch of  pedal movement downward from its resting position.

If the side yellow markers do not flash a few times when the brake is first applied its most likely to be a bad connection at the plug on the flasher/ beeper unit. You can unplug it and look inside for a misaligned prong. I put dielectric grease in these and all the other connectors to maintain there conductive integrity.

Are both the front and back side markers affected?

Let us know if this solves the problem, thanks. Buyingchina
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:04:45 AM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

luckyrob8605

• View Profile
Took all the plastic connectors apart and made sure all connections were good and took off the battery connection to maybe reset it or something.  They work now just like new thank you Buyingchina!