LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Need help registering Lifan

ccwilson76 · 4 · 1530

ccwilson76

• View Profile
Hello everyone. I bought a new Lifan 250 a little over a month ago from a guy on ebay.I know that was probably a mistake but here is my problem. The MCO that he sent me is on cardboard and the ladies at the DMV in Florida will not accept it because they say it isn't on "protected paper". I have been to three different offices and no one will accept it. Now the guy I bought it from will not return my e-mails. Does anyone have some advice for me other than don't buy motorcycles over the internet? Thanks Craig

countrycruiser

• View Profile
The next email you send him should say that you have turned the matter over to your attorney and then do it.  If he has a phone number, call him everyday 3-4 times a day untill he gets tired of it.  What he has done is Illegal in any state.

ccwilson76

• View Profile
I may have to do that but aren't some states accepting the cardboard MCOs? I know I read somewhere where other people were talking about the paper their MCO was on.

EDIT:I guess you would call the paper stock paper and not cardboard. It is about the thickness of a business card.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:03:31 AM by ccwilson76 »

VegasTech702

• View Profile
my mso was pretty thick. The problem I had was that I did not have a purchase order to go with the MSO. I was able to obtain one from the dealer and NV DMV registered the bike.