LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

200 III and 200b parts Interchangeability?

mmj4all · 10 · 9163

mmj4all

• View Profile
So has anyone found out if we can take those brakes off of the 200b and throw them on the 200 III yet?

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
The idea of a drum to disc conversion sounds like a good one. Its something I would like to try

If you have a source for these parts please post this info.

There are quit a few "mods" that are regularly suggested, and a few inexpensive "improvements" are a good idea.

But, for a few hundred more or so, a bike that does not have most of these deficiencies can be bought.

Heres just one of many
http://www.vbikeusa.com/index.php?page=cata&scid=36

Also, there are bikes similar to "B's'"that can be bought for $1500. to $1600. thay are regularly seen on E-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180224456066&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=180219831190&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=its%3DS%252BI%252BSS
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:58:44 PM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

mmj4all

• View Profile
sorry to jack my own thread but that vbike is, per their website, a "Longbo" 200cc sb-2 of which i have found no other mention of online.  I have also not seen any other "B" clone with a 6 speed tranny.  I was wondering if anyone anywhere could point me in the right direction to finding more info on this 200cc B bike.  The transmission and breaks are attractive but the lack of information tells me i will be the first to report the various unknown deficiencies of the bike as  I am in the market and haven't actually purchased yet.  Also i was wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a clone bike and what bike it is a clone of to get some more information.  The company seems legit-ish so i may give this bike a try and just treat it like a lifan with prep and etc and hopefully not have to resort to custom parts.  Thanks for the help so far!

[edit] I have come to the conclusion that the "sb-2" is a typo and it should be "LB" as this VBIKEUSA has an ebay store, under a different name, on which they only sell an LB not an SB and L & S are opposites on the keyboard.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:16:21 AM by mmj4all »

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi . Yes its branded as, or the final assembly is Lonbo, but I called and was told that the motor is built by Lifan.

From the photos it looks like the other visible parts are identical to my GRX branded Lf 200.

The seller appears to be small time but many including myself have bought his V4S sport atv and found him to be a stand up guy.

I am not saying that anyone should buy from him. I just wanted to mention this bike because of its features and the fact that its only  $50. more than a LF200.

The lack of information may be that the sellers customers are not being provided by forum information and posting. The first link I provided is not claimed to ba a"B", but the link bellow may be similar to a "B". Oh, the "6 speed" is a typo. A lot of sellers have been found doing this. ;D

Buyingchina
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:27:11 AM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

mmj4all

• View Profile
yeah i found some more info on the bike @ http://www.chinapages.com/sampleroom/onesample/50369217/200cc%20Motorcycle.html

200cc Motorcycle

Detailed Product Description
Specifications:
1) Engine: LB163FML, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled
2) Displacement: 197cc
3) Max. speed: 80km/h
4) Max. loading capacity: 150kg
5) Dimensions (L x W x H): 2090 x 770 x 1130mm
6) Rated power: 12.5kW/8500rpm
7) Dry gross weight: 140kg
8) Bore x stroke: 63.5 x 62.2mm
9) Min fuel consumption: 354g/kW.h
10) Wheelbase: 1340mm
11) Min. clearance: 145mm
12) Compress ratio: 9.0:1
13) Ignition: CDI
14) Clutch type: wet multi-plate
15) Starting mode: electrical / kick
16) Lubricating type: force splashing
17) Transmission system: stepped gearshift
18) Transmission type: chain
19) Front brake: disc brake
20) Rear brake: drum
21) Fuel capacity: 11L
22) Rim type: aluminum
23) Headlight: 12V, 35 / 35W
24) Battery: 12V 7Ah
25) Front wheel: 100/80-16
26) Rear wheel: 130/80-15
Model No.:   LB200-2
Product Origin:   China
Brand Name:   LONGBO

Company Profile
Company Name:   Chuanl Motorcycle Manufacturing Co., Ltd.   
Country/Territory:   China (Mainland)   
Registered Address:   168 Zhonghua Road, Yuanqiao Town, Huangyan District, Taizhou, Zhejiang, China (Mainland) Zip: 318025   

Products/Services We Offer:   Motorcycles and scooters 
Business Type:   Manufacturer 
OEM Service:   No 
Buyer or Supplier:   Supplier
Geographic Markets:   Worldwide
Factory Size (Sq.meters):   20,000 
No. of Employees:   101 - 500 People 
Estimated Annual Sales (USD):   US$10 Million - US$50 Million 
Export Percentage:   90% 
Year Established:   2000   

Legal Representative/CEO:   Zishou Chen   

Contact Information
Company Name:    Chuanl Motorcycle Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Contact Person:    Mr.Wang Gang
Address:    168 Zhonghua Rd., Yuanqiao, Huangyan Dist., Taizhou, Zhejiang 318025, China
Zip:    318025
Telephone:    86-576-4876678
Fax:    86-576-4871580
http://longbo.en.tradeatchina.com

[edit] upon further inspection that rated power figure converts to 17 horsepower which is 3 more than the LF200 III using the same engine. hmm
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:52:19 AM by mmj4all »

mmj4all

• View Profile
Do we know of any parts interchageability between these china bikes and thier honda counterparts?  I have heard the dual sports have some common sprockets with the older honda's.
Are we talking clearance issues of why those sprockets dont fit on the LF200III or just different designs?  I'm hoping i won't have to rely on imported parts due to their track record of durability or at least percieved track record as i have no real experience to say one way or the other.

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Do we know of any parts interchageability between these china bikes and thier honda counterparts?  I have heard the dual sports have some common sprockets with the older honda's.
Are we talking clearance issues of why those sprockets dont fit on the LF200III or just different designs?  I'm hoping i won't have to rely on imported parts due to their track record of durability or at least percieved track record as i have no real experience to say one way or the other.
The Honda approach research has not worked for me. But most of the important stuff is all the same from one China bike to another, and if you can get parts for any one, than the brand label doesn't really matter.l

Good work  providing that info! (Longbo)

The front sprockets are avaiable from JT Sprokets , but a larger one presents a fit problem.

The best and least expensive  approach is to convert to 428 H sprockets and chain. This will allow a lot of choices by having extra inexpensive front sprockets on hand. Fronts are about $8 and rears are about $19 I think.

Are you having a problem with the 520 chain stock  2.86 ratio?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:15:11 PM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

mmj4all

• View Profile
i dont have a bike yet but it shouldnt take long for things to get old.  My work commute is about 15 minutes at highways speeds of 55-65.  Usually anything under 60 and people get pissed and ride butts because it is a one lane highway. :/  I would also eventually like to motorcyclepool (if possible) with my girlfriend once i feel comfortable risking her life and my own :/.  He he i can't really see highways speeds with 360lbs on top of that bike. There is also quite a steep hill that i will most likely have to avoid and hence my questions on the dual disk brakes.
I just can't justify driving a 6 cylinder SUV to work when a 20 minute highway drive will eat up a quarter tank.  I would like to be able to afford to finish school someday lol.

Longtimer

• View Profile
NEED TO FIND PARTS FOR LONGBO LB200-2 blue and white in color     
Side panels
and a gastank

a whole kit would be nice!

D.Pouff

• View Profile
    • qwert
I would like to gather any information or knowledge available on the interchangeability of parts among Corona models and other Toyota models e.g., engines, transmissions.  If you know something or have heard of something worth investigating, please post here.  Thanks.