LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Posting Issues with Businesses on LifanForum.com

skadamo · 2 · 1667

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You know what they say, unhappy customers are the most likely to talk.  Can you blame them?  They feel they have been mistreated.  Forums are a favorite place to vent.  I've been there.

However, a person can go over board when trying to get the treatment they deserve.  This usually leads to the decline of a forums overall quality.  Sometimes it also paints an unfair picture of a business.  If you hang out on forums enough you know what I mean.

I want this forum to be a voice of Lifan (and Lifan based) machine owners and enthusiasts.  Good and bad experiences are welcome.  Because people who feel they have been mistreated tend to be more tenacious than others I am going to have to be slightly biased in my control of negative postings.

Here are some examples of when it does and doesn't make sense:
- Someone posts "What do you think of so and so company?"  If your bad experience post is about this company it would make sense.  Post your link.
- If someone posts "I had a bad experience with so and so company".  This is a good time to post you link. 
- If someone posts about how much they love their Lifan, that would be a bad time. 
- If someone posts "So and so company is awesome!" and you had a bad experience with that company, that would be a bad time to post the link.

3) If the business makes things right please update your original post and let everyone know.

If you don't follow these terms I will move your post out of view.  I will email you the contents of the post on request as I value the time people take to post.

That is about it.  I think people who follow these guidelines will get better results and this forum will be better off.  Feel free to leave your input.  I am interested to hear what you think but I am pretty confident these terms are fair.

Below are some more things to consider if you are interested.

Things to keep in mind about businesses:
1) They are run by humans and mistakes happen.  Most businesses want to make it right.
2) If you keep a professional tone and try to contact the business directly first the business will probably respond faster.
3) If you try to use forums to get them to take action they will probably ignore you.  If you think hard about it, can you really blame them?  If the tactic was successful for one person than everyone would follow suit.  I have seen people get burned by this so be careful.
4) If you explain your situation to people on this (or any) forum and don't come in with strong words about the company you might be surprised at how well it turns out.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:32:30 PM by stryder »

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi. The guide lines you have set forth will certainly benefit the entire membership. I am a firm believer in free speech and I feel this is one of the most important components of our society. A forum that is allowed to run out of control impeding free speech does not serve in the interest of the general membership. Through honest and fair communication can we as  members establish a viable organization that will grow.

It was very difficult for me to post this most unpleasant situation that am going through. It was, and still is my hope for an amicable resolution. There was no doubt in my mind that its seriousness would not be understood. I simply stated the facts that if negative to some, were not caused by my actions. I have been waiting for this issue to be resolved, but its outcome is not in my hands. No one should question the price I have paid over the last 2 months while I maintained extreme civility when comunicating with the business I"m involved with.

Thank you. Buyingchina
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:46:30 PM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina