LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Ideal weather conditions

Hoyt · 6 · 2793

Hoyt

• View Profile
i live in louisiana and it gets hot in the summer,so the bike will probably run hot if idling for to long....
what do you guys think???

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
I don't know. I live in Alabama and it get just as hot. We had temps that reached 108F this last summer and I was riding a good bit then, I never noticed the bike getting too hot, but I was not idling that often either.

What part of LA are you from? I spend my fair share of time down there.

Almon

Hoyt

• View Profile
Shreveport pines road to be exact do you know where that is?

Hoyt

• View Profile
What do you work down here?? next time you are down here we might be able to get a  burger or something so we can meet..do you ride your bike down here or you drive???i hate the heat down here sometimes it feels like your skin is burning off... 8)

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
When I was 19 or so I started in the oil patch (in the summers) as a surveyor/ navigator with Digicon Geophysical and several other smaller outfits that were looking for oil and natural gas in the Gulf so I  spent a lot of time in Fourchon, New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I have been to Shreveport as well but it has been a while.

It has been a while since I have spent any large amount of time in LA. My last trip down I was in New Orleans looking for LA 1 so I could get to Fourchon. This was two in the morning by the way. The only person who would help me find the highway was a this huge woman who was a prostitute. Her direction's were perfect.

So I can honestly say the our good ole southern hospitality even runs down to the prostitutes ;D ;D ;D

If I'm down there again I'll shoot you a PM and we can meet up but I don't think it will be anytime soon, unfortunately, I just don't have time to travel anymore..... :(

Hoyt

• View Profile
i dont know anything about the prostitutes or anything,but is probably a good thing,cause nothings really changed and the burgers are shit anyway unless you make them at home.... :-\