LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Chain Guard

Enduros · 4 · 2097

Enduros

• Lifan Owner Since 9/06
    • View Profile
I pulled off my cover to check out my front sprocket the other day and I noticed a lot of metal shavings in the cover, so I looked around and saw that apparently my chain has been grinding on the chain guard that the stator wiring goes behind. Has anyone else had this problem before?

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile
Well, I know on the LF200-III it is a tight fit in there. We had an early member who did a 15 tooth front sprocket install (this was before we had the smaller rear sprockets) and he had to cut into the engine casing.

Photos below,

http://www.lifan-moto.com/gallery/fs/

So I would imagine this is an fairly common issue that most people don't realize who are using the 520 setup. I can't speak to the 428 setup because I have not messed with them but I'm certain the same thing can happen.

This should be one of those things that people check out every so often so their counter sprocket is not eating into the wiring or at least, the wiring cover.

Almon

wjsteele

• View Profile
Wow... can you post some pictures of that?

Bill

Enduros

• Lifan Owner Since 9/06
    • View Profile
Ya I'll try to get some pics of it if I have time, btw I also forgot to mention  if you look at those pics of the 15tooth install there are two wired plugs that go into the case and I would like to know what exactly that plug is on the bottom because I have a good sized oil leak comming from it.