LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

New member in the ranks

Buyingchina · 12 · 4198

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi all, I just found out about this great group and its memers.

I recently bought a Lifan Gallata GRX200 and will enjoy sharring the experiances it has brought me!

Chow for now. Buying china ;)
Buyingchina

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Buyingchina, congrats on the new bike!  Looking forward to hearing about it.  Thanks for the compliments on the site!

Martin

• View Profile
Hi,

This does look like a great forum. I just signed up. I got a Loncin 200.

almonpoole

• Arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
    • View Profile

countrycruiser

• View Profile
buyingfrom china,

A Gallata is not a Lifan but rather a gray market version.  Good luck, I'm sure it will work out for you.

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Yeah, I know what you mean. I didn't get it through An American Lifan dealer , but the build tag says Lifan China and it also says "imported by American Lifan ? I guess I'm still confused.

Well whatever it is. I still really like the bike.

Maybee I could call it a "Grayfan".  ;D
Buyingchina

almonpoole

• View Profile
buyingfrom china,

A Gallata is not a Lifan but rather a gray market version.  Good luck, I'm sure it will work out for you.

Hi, The Gallata brand sport bike is a 100% Lifan LF200-III. It just does does not have Lifan on the Tank. They are sold by China Lifan to various dealers in the U.S. I am working on a story for this with jpg's of invoices of motorcycles that have been sold via China Lifan to various direct importers.

The one thing that the importer American Lifan does offer is that most of their dealers have a brick and motor building with service staff *dealer network). That is why The American Lifans bike cost a little more as well as the fact that American Lifan handles all of the registration and taxes on a new bike.

But the only thing different from an American Lifan bike, in this case the LF200-III, and a Gallata or TMS or Skygo version is the name on the tank, they are still built in the factory from China Lifan.

Thanks,

Almon

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Almon,

Not all of them are and even if they were they are not technically Lifans with regard to warranty and parts availability in all cases.  Many General Motors cars are made in the same plants and the tag says assembled in a General Motors Assembly Plant.  They are assembled by the same workers with many of the same parts but not all.  However you can't take your Pontiac to a Chevrolet dealer for warranty repairs unless of course it's a dual dealer.  All I'm saying here is that I am tired of people bashing the heck out of American Lifan when a dealer won't perform warranty work on their gray market bike or give them parts.  They can't because they can't get reimbursed from the factory.

If buyingchina's bike says "Imported By American Lifan"  We have another problem.  Which we can discuss later because I just got called to go plow snow off the country roads I love to cruise on in the summer.

almonpoole

• View Profile
Hi Country Cruiser,

Well in name they are not technically Lifans but they are built in the same factory and sold by China Lifan. They just are not American Lifan branded bikes, you are correct there.

American Lifan does not service bikes they do not sell so if you buy a bike from a direct importer then you will have to service it your self or find a bike shop that will service it. Some American Lifan dealers will service non American Lifan branded bikes., but they are not supposed to. Although some sell over the internet as well and they are not supposed to do that either, but they are just trying to make living and I don't blame them at all.

Hey, don't get to cold on the snow plow! :)

Talk to you later,

Almon

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi countrycruiser, I will be adding an interesting attachment to this post a little later.

On occasion I go plowing with a friend. Its a lot of fun. We Laugh and share war stories to fight the boredom. Sometimes a rabbit will jump into our path (their lovable but not very bright) And, oops. Well you know how it goes. There no match for a big plow. ;D 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:13:06 PM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

wjsteele

• View Profile
Cool... both of my bikes say the same thing.  Interesting.

Bill

almonpoole

• View Profile
hmm, I never noticed that, after looking my bike says the same thing.

Almon