LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Too Weird to work :)

Aquapig · 4 · 2879

Aquapig

• View Profile
Im at a loss folks, and having just found this forum i am hoping someone may be able to spare me a few moments to think about my starting fault. I have just bought a brand new, crated, Fenian FY250 trike. It has a Lifan 250cc engine that wont start. I have a full battery, lights etc work, strong spark, fuel, oil etc. When i press the starter button the starter kicks off ok, and i get some compression, as the exhaust huffs and puffs and burnt fuel sends flames popping out of the top of the carb. Using the choke or throttle makes no difference, it just huffs and puffs and spits and whirs and doesnt fire up. It did start once, after i'd been trying for ages, and it revved hard, before spluttering out never to start again. Any ideas?? timing? valves?? i dunno --im no mechanic, but i could bloody cry, the thing is brand new and wont start :( ???

EJCycles

• View Profile
Hi Aquapig

Your issue sounds like it's Timing or Valve related. More like a timing issue due to flames coming out of the carburetor. It could also be an electronic issue with the CDI or even as little as ignition coil leads plugged in backwards.

I personally would take it back to the place that I bought it from & let them fix it correctly. It should have some kind of warranty.....
Thanks, Bruce
Endless Journey Cycles
330-274-0098
Business Hours: Sunday-Monday: Closed,
Tuesday-Friday 10:00-6:00
Saturday. 10:00-3:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan Motorcycles & Scooters.

Malcolm1

• View Profile
Hi All
Just to let you know that Aquapigs problem was solved when he changed the H T leads over.Somebody had put them on the wrong way round at the shop where he bought it.
Alls well that ends well.

EJCycles

• View Profile
Thumbs Up!
Thanks, Bruce
Endless Journey Cycles
330-274-0098
Business Hours: Sunday-Monday: Closed,
Tuesday-Friday 10:00-6:00
Saturday. 10:00-3:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan Motorcycles & Scooters.