LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

need advice on raising top speed of my 200iii and starter issues

Ty-f150 · 1 · 1405

Ty-f150

• View Profile
so i bought an 06 200iii a few months ago and it has about 3k miles on it. definitely not in the prettiest shape with things missing and scratches and whatever else. the guy told me he changed the sprockets(not sure which one or both?), dry high flow air filter, yoshi muffler, and upgraded the carb to run correct wth those mods. with that being said, it tops out at 80 if the speedo is correct and is begging for another gear. what kind of sprocket combo can i put on to free up a lil more top mph?
secondly, the starter sounds like its stripped out when i press the start button. i can just tap the start button and it'll catch and fingers crossed it'll catch enough to crank. i've taken the cover off and inspected the gears going from the starter to the crank and they seem fine. so is it a internal starter problem?
the guy took off the kick start so i really need this fixed asap before it just stops catching completely.
third, has anyone ever stroked this motor? i know its the same engine as an old honda dirt bike so there's gotta be some way to get more power internally. only thing i could think of is stroking it, bigger crank, and bigger cam. seen it done to 4wheelers and some applications it caused a 200cc increase. any ideas???
thanks!!!