LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

help please

Abilene1957 · 3 · 1812

Abilene1957

• View Profile
I noticed when i hit a bounce or apply front brakes on mu 250 Lifan,the front end has alot of give,almost shaky,not tight,i took it to my local service person and he wants to put thicker oil in the front cylinders ,see if thats the problem,did anyone ever hear of this happening and why.Its only got 1,200 mi,and is a 2006,tires are inflated perfectly also,thanks

Rogerborg

• View Profile
Is that a LF250 / LF250-B?  It's a cruiser, so the front end should be quite soft.

I'm not sure what you mean by shaky and loose.  If there's any wobble or vibration, then the forks may be bent or not attached securely at the top, or the front axle may be loose.

If the bike dives hard, or doesn't feel damped when it rebounds, then thicker oil might help.  On the other hand, it could just be that some of the oil has leaked out; is there any evidence of oil leaking from around the seals at the bottom of the forks?

Conceivably the springs have snapped.  Or they may simply be too soft for the bike.  You can pre-load them: there's a tensioning insert inside the top of the fork, basically a steel tube that pre-compresses the spring.  You can replace them with longer tubes to compress the spring more.

I'm sorry that I can't be more specific, sight unseen.  This is one of these things that needs some investigation.  Do you have a friend with some bike experience who can look at it for you, and narrow down the cause?

Abilene1957

• View Profile
Thank you so much Roger,i am definitly taking it for servicing on tues,it conceivably could be something serious,and i will have it checked out,yes it is a c25  cruiser