LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Lifan LF 400

skadamo · 20 · 36344

bem1965

• View Profile
I know this is a bit of thread necrophilia but,

Are you all still happy with your lf 400?
I have a lifan 250 p-twin that I have been very happy with for the last two seasons, clocking 15000 km:s. Quality of chinese chrome is rather poor but apart from small repairs and maintenance it is a very nice bike.
I am now looking for a bigger bike and the lf 400 seems to be just right.

/Lars

Old-Biker

• View Profile
Hi There Lars

You cannot go wrong with a Lifan LF400, great no hassle bike, and the price is right!.

As for keeping the chrome in good condition there are sprays you can get that will protect chrom,,,,even the new Suzukis and yamahas have crappy chrome these days,,,

Pic of my Missus on the LF

Bikersdad

• View Profile
Hi all
I'm new to the furum and have been trying to source an LF 400 in the UK for a couple of months.
I have read the reviews seen the pictures and I would very much like to see one before I comit to buying. Does anyone know where I can see/ride/buy one in the UK?

Rogerborg

• View Profile
Seeing one is easy; just find a Yamaha Virago XV535.  The LF400 is a straight copy of the (rare) sleeved 400cc version, shaft drive and all.

I say "copy", but I suspect Lifan bought the Virago jigs when Yamaha stopped making it, so for all practical purposes the LF400 is a Virago.  I'd bet beer tokens that you could drop 535 pistons and barrels right in.

The exhaust is catalysed to meet Euro 3 requirements, and the ignition and carburettor may also be tweaked, but in looks and riding it's Virago all the way.

Rogerborg

• View Profile
Oh, darn and drat.  Motorbike Warehouse were selling them in the UK, but they appear to have stopped (or are at least out of stock).  I know that our daft licensing categories aren't kind to 400s, but I really hope to see more of these great bikes in the UK rather than fewer.