LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

My New LF250

countrycruiser · 12 · 7703

countrycruiser

• View Profile
I just bought a new LF250 and couldn't be happier.  It runs and rides great and looks really cool.  I am old enough to be retired and therefore didn't want a larger bike.  This is exactly what I wanted and was lucky enough to find one locally at a very good price.

Anyone else have one????  Let's hear your comments.

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi, I don't have one, but I'm seriously considering buying one. Any tips on what I should be looking for when comparing the ones that are out there?  Say, price, or differences worth, or not worth paying for?

I'm retired to, and agree that 250cc is all thats really needed. 

Thanks, Buyingchina
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:51:56 AM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
I'm starting to zero in on my target. I will be taking a good hard look at American Lifan, and what they can offer me.

Who's THE man there, Who should I be asking for?

Thanks. buyingchina
Buyingchina

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Shawn is in charge of sales and can steer you in the right direction.

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Thanks countrycruiser. I think I found the right place. A very nice website indeed.

Link: http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/

"It won't be long now said the shepard, as he fleeced his sheep"-Buyingchina
 ;D
Buyingchina

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi all. I got a hold of American Lifan and they will be E-mailing me a list of Authorized Lifan Dealers.

I already know of one dealer within driving distance and spoke with him on the phone. He has invited me to pay him a visit that I am looking forward to, as time and weather permit.

Thanks. Buyingchina
Buyingchina

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi all. So far no luck finding a LF 250 in my area. I did find a 06 year but i'm told the 08 is mostly redesigned. I am calling another dealer tomorrow to see what they have in stock. Oh, and "Honeys" coming around on her own!.

Buyingchina ;D
Buyingchina

lardie

• View Profile
just an idea to find your local dealer

http://www.theinternetbikeshop.com/store/comersus_index.asp

good luck

can i suggest you look at other 250 cruisers as well there a lot of different chinese cruisers out there now with jinlun and lifan prob top 2 i know with the jinlun spares are a doddle to come by check with your local dealer they stock spares for the bike you buying i have had a chinese cruiser for a year now and sold it last week would reccomend they are great value for money and although i was on a 125 a few mates had 250's and cant them to part with thm for anything.

lardie

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi Lardie. Thanks for the pic's and info. From the pricing it looks like your from the U.K.?

I havent seen one with the aluminum wheels yet.

I'm in the U.S.A. but have a two friends in England.  And also a Canadian friend that came from England recently. I look forward to meeting  up with him in Canada this summer where we both vacation. He has a most excellent accent that I find very enjoyable!

Cherio mate! Buyingchina 
Buyingchina

pbolwahnn

• View Profile
I just picked up LF250 from my local dealer about a month ago. I just now have 650K on the odometer. It is running well and I have very little trouble with it. The tail light bulb rattled loose, but it was fixable. I added saddle bags to it and a small windshield.

- Canyon, TX

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Sounds great.  I am sure you will enjoy the heck out of it.  I have 850 miles on mine now and it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys.  Got any pics to post yet??

timelever

• View Profile
I've had my LF250 for about 11 months now. Just recently started riding it to work every day. It's been mostly great. I had no trouble assembling the bike or getting it to start up the first time. I've got about 400 miles on it now and the engine is starting to break in a bit. I bought it from a dealer in Texas that no longer carries them, so I'm interested in a place to find parts, etc.

My only concern is the clutch (or maybe the transmission). It shifts up through the gears perfectly, and downshifts fine until I need to shift into first. It will often refuse to shift into first without either revving the engine, or letting the clutch out a bit then squeezing the lever again. Sometimes it sounds like it is slamming into first gear. It's probably a simple clutch adjustment, but I don't know where to start. Anybody have an idea?