LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Lifan and Lifan Rebranded Motorcycles

skadamo · 1 · 1987

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
VRob has an interesting post on BeginnerBikers.org about the LF200 and Lifan.

It is cool see dealers giving helpful information.

The American Distributor, AmericanLifan has exclusive rights to distribute the Lifan Brand Name in the U.S. No other company in the U.S. has rights to import the Lifan Brand name direct from the manufacturer; however, many importers have gotten around this by rebranding the Lifan product as another name. Same product, just different name.
I kinda figured this was the case but did not know the specifics.  Interesting.

When compared to the other Chinese motorcycles, Lifan stands out from the crowd in performance and value. While Lifan won't get an award for quality, you should be able to find parts and support for most of the issues you may come across with this bike. We sell this bike in our store left and right for $2000. For the $1000 price tag that many of the internet dealers are selling this bike for, the LF200 is a steal, not to mention, below dealer cost.

So $1000 is below dealer cost.  I wonder what dealer cost is.  I also wonder why these ebay sellers would sell at a loss.  They probably wouldn't so they must buy up a huge number of motorcycles and get a discount.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 09:10:17 PM by stryder »