LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Xenon bulb for the LF250

Pats-bike · 3 · 2911

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Wow, I managed to get a super bright blue tint xenon bulb for my bike - well chuffed! Having said that I didn't get around to trying it at night to see if it was actually any good. Now this is the snag - the bulb worked for a week or so (keep my headlight on all the time for safety) and then stopped so naturally I believed it to have blown - "what both high beam and low beam" I hear you say. I removed the bulb and had a good look at it only to find that it was fine, took a look at the bulb holder and found the spring loaded plastic bit that holds the two contacts had melted - I guess the xenon bulb was running too hot. Try as I might I just couldn't find anywhere to do a replacement bulb holder whether new or second hand so resorted to making a replacement piece from very thin modelling plywood and two brass screws as contacts, bit fiddly to make but it does the job. The especially bad news is that parts for the LF250 are very hard to get in the UK which doesn't bode well for the future as things start to wear out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:56:41 AM by Pats-bike »

RFEngineer

• View Profile
Instead of dinking with just the bulb - I opted for a complete lamp replacement.

Found a nice replacement headlight for the LF250/250B.  May fit other models:
Chrome/Aluminum & GLASS, - not plastic!!!

The whole light assembly was only $39 and takes a standard, easy to find, off the shelf H4 halogen bulb (INCLUDED!)

Here's the link:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/3100165?source=mybuys&green=15213844864

and a pic:

Wiring even matched up!  Blue to blue, white to white, green to green, and leftover yellow to brown.
Couldn't believe the difference in what I could see that night!

Try everything in life once, and the fun things twice!

Rogerborg

• View Profile
Agreed - headlights are generic parts.  Treat the bike as a collection of parts, and don't sweat trying to get an exact replacement. 

If you do want to replace like-for-like, and ChineseMotorcyclePartsOnline don't have the Lifan part, then many Yamaha XVS250 parts should fit.