LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Lifan Motorcycle Dealers

skadamo · 6 · 9154

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I would like to get a thread going about motorcycle dealers Lifan owners have dealt with.

These guys have put some helpful posts out on various forums...
www.motorcycles.pro

Nice URL too :D

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 09:05:06 PM by stryder »

Phil_R

• View Profile
    • Flipr'sWorld
After reading all I could find on Chinese bikes, I decided American Lifan was best choice for me...  Brick and mortar importer in Texas, brick and mortar dealers across USA.  Then came the dealer search... (live in rural North Florida) I wanted to purchase online, so I needed a dealer willing to drop-ship the bike.  I wanted an authorized American Lifan dealer operating from a brick and mortar shop... licensed and willing to provide parts service.

Searching for online stories of people with trouble-free purchase, shipping, and registration, led me to MotoXtreme in Waynesboro, Virginia.

Quick run-down of my purchase, shipping, registration experience:

10 September 2007:    Ordered (1) 2007 American Lifan LF200GY-5 with counter-balanced engine.
                                 Received order confirmation and shipping date:  11 September 2007

11 September 2007:    Received assembly notes from Brian Mays @ MOTO XTREME

17 September 2007:    Freight company called to schedule delivery.

18 September 2007:    Freight company completed delivery, 16:30.

19 September 2007:    Rolled assembled bike off trailer. 

20 September 2007:    Valves adjusted, oil changed, final check... successful test ride!  MSO in the mail.

24 September 2007:    12 heating/cooling (cold / full operating temp / cold) cycles completed, valves adjusted, oil changed.

26 September 2007:    MSO/paperwork arrived... tag & title quickly taken care of at local tag office.

My LF200GY-5 now has over 800 km of trouble-free operation.  I am well pleased with the bike and my purchase experience.  Brian and MotoXtreme will continue as my 1st. choice dealer.
Phil
Live Oak, FL
LF200GY-5

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Phil, thanks for the info.  The dark blue plastic looks great.  So the odometer reads in KM? 

Phil_R

• View Profile
    • Flipr'sWorld
So the odometer reads in KM? 
Yes, odometer records km's traveled... speedometer shows MPH. (no MPH/KPH conversion necessary)
Phil
Live Oak, FL
LF200GY-5

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

20 September 2007:    Valves adjusted, oil changed, final check... successful test ride!  MSO in the mail.

24 September 2007:    12 heating/cooling (cold / full operating temp / cold) cycles completed, valves adjusted, oil changed.

That is some serious break-in work.  Has that proven necessary with the LF200GY-5 or just a precaution?

I noitced there is some great information on you site...
http://home.windstream.net/flipr/index.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:27:35 PM by stryder »

Phil_R

• View Profile
    • Flipr'sWorld
I use basically the same break-in procedure for any air-cooled engine... 12 heating/cooling cycles, frequent oil changes.  The Lifan is getting extra valve checks because this is my first experience with a Chinese motorcycle, and the easiest way for me to compare this engine to comparable air-cooled engines.
Phil
Live Oak, FL
LF200GY-5