LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

parts options, air filter, exhaust, tires, general performance upgrades

bubbadg21 · 3 · 4487

bubbadg21

• View Profile
hey guys i live in the middle of noware lol Rapid City Sd, and i have a few probs.... first i need to know if anyone can tell me of an performance air filter for this bike and what parts i need to make it work. second any one have any ideas about exhaust cause im tired of the stock one dogging all of the power. i was just going to cut it off and have it an under carry pipe but that would be loud and not the sound i want.tires any broader ones i can put on it with out too much cost preferrably the same rim  and all. and any performance upgrades so i can have more power and speed im a big guy lol

5star

• View Profile
Heres what I did for a filter. I had an extra honda trx400ex k&n filter laying around from my race quad so I just removed the air box on the lifan and ran that filter. I cant remember if I made a rubber boot for it or if I just duck taped it to the air boot but it worked. But remember if you change the intake or muffler you need to rejet or you will go lean.

For the exhaust I just pulled the inside out of my muffler. So it was all hollow just the canister. Then I put a 2" flex pipe inside it to make it work just like a aftermarket exhaust.

Or you could do what I did last. Ripped the engine out and since I build race quads I had a yamaha yz426 engine that was built for national racing and put that in the bike making it the worlds fastest lifan lf200 50+hp vs16hp stock!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:04:45 PM by 5star »

Genesequas1

• View Profile
Hey dude,

Hope the frame can take those extra horses! Wish I had a spare motor like u did, although my performance pipe and smaller rear sproket gets me up to 140km which is not too shabby.