LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Rusty exhaust pipe

Pats-bike · 4 · 2927

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Has anyone else got the same problem with the under engine exhaust being badly corroded? The pipe (somewhat twisty - seems gives better balance between the cylinders) is under the bike so hence has to deal with a lot of water splash when riding in wet conditions, I'm a fair weather biker so don't go out in the rain but the exhaust is still very corroded. I'll most certainly have to remove the whole lot before winter to give it a good clean and repaint it as best as I can, been told that spray on barbeque paint works fine.

Rogerborg

• View Profile
Resurrecting this thread, the exhaust on my 16 month old LF250-B is pretty corroded underneath.  It's been stored outside and ridden in winter (aaargh, road salt) but I'm still surprised: I suspect there's little or no coating on the unchromed parts of the exhaust.  It's definitely something to keep on top of.

Rogerborg

• View Profile
And at 7000km, 25 months and 1.5 winters, the rear pipe on my LF250B has rotted through and is blowing. >:(

I'd put some high temperature paint on, but it was already too far gone.  Now I'll have to take the rear pipe off, and do a proper bodge job on it.  If you have an LF250B and live in a damp climate, you need to sort this issue out.

EJCycles

• View Profile
This has been a common issue with all of these V-Twin 250's. Evan the Yamaha Route66, XV250 & Star 250 {all the same bike} have the same issue.
Thanks, Bruce
Endless Journey Cycles
330-274-0098
Business Hours: Sunday-Monday: Closed,
Tuesday-Friday 10:00-6:00
Saturday. 10:00-3:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan Motorcycles & Scooters.