LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Need supplier of larger front sprocket to fit the LF 250 B

Pats-bike · 2 · 2938

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Hoping someone can help me. Doing some research on the net it seems the LF 250 can take a higher gearing so I duly ordered a 17 tooth front sprocket (16 original) for the Yamaha Virago 250 as I've been reliably told that it will fit no problem. Well there is a problem - the Virago has a 520 chain whereas my Lifan has a 530 chain so the chain is well loose on the replacement sprocket that I got and obviously won't do. Luckily the supplier is willing to take the sprocket back but I'm having no luck with finding a supplier who can let me have a Virago 250 type front sprocket which will fit the 530 chain - any help would be much appreciated? I live in the UK but would consider ordering from the US as long as P&P wasn't too high. Thanks and all the best from Pat.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:11:00 PM by Pats-bike »

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Further to the front sprocket saga; I ended up buying a Virago rear sprocket and a 520 chain to go with the 17 tooth front sprocket already purchased and yipeeee it all fits great! I still have the original 530 chain and rear sprocket to use up some time but am happy cruisin' with the slightly higher gearing. I'm a bit on the heavy side so don't think my bike will take any higher gearing without it struggling on the hills, I would guess any lighter riders could certainly raise their gearing a tad more to increase their mpg. The bike is also slghtly smoother wth less vibration (clearer view in the mirrors), though having said that it wasn't bad in the first place.