LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Frame vibration fixes. what works?

the_smeed · 4 · 3030

the_smeed

• View Profile
what are some ways to dampen engine vibrations in the frame?

the_smeed

• View Profile
I just got a new LF 200 the other day, and I already love it, but the vibration in the frame that I have heard about is really annoying. What sort of things can be done to dampen this? I have heard that putting rubber rings on the engine mounts and getting gel grips help, but does anyone know what rings fit on the mounts? also, does anyone suggest a certain kind of hand grip that works well for them. thanks.

Genesequas1

• View Profile
hey there,

I was given a LF200 2004 model with 900km on the clock 6 months ago. Man what a long story I could tell..suffice to say I've learnt alot. I've both loved it and hated it in one breath! I've had endless problems with electrics, vibration, exhaust and carb. Yet I still love my baby! Why? Because she is my first bike and she's taught me everything I know. Here is some advice that might help with your vibration issues. Try to source some Teflon rubber spacers (normally white in colour). They come in various sizes so sift around your local motor spares or nuts n bolts stores till you get the right width. Maybe take one off to show your local shop assistant and match it correctly.Try to place at least 2 Teflon spacers between each nut and bolt on the engine mounting. I achieved a 40 percent reduction in vibration! What a difference! Wish I'd done it earlier, might've saved my side panels and electrical wiring problems, vibration = worst enemy! Let me know how it all works out OK.

Currently I'm enjoying a much smoother, problem free ride. I've fitted her with a performance exhaust, reduced the rear sprocket size dramatically and she tops out at 140km! In her defence I received her with no silencer, a blocked carb (from standing in the garage for 2 years) and a bad battery. So alls well that ends well. I've spent a fair amount on getting her up to scratch but I cant complain too much since she was a gift. With 3400km on the clock all the fuel I've saved makes up for it!

Matthew

• View Profile
Wondering if anyone could send me links or photos of this performance upgrade