LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Welcome!

skadamo · 15 · 7833

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey all, I am loving my LF200.  It has really surprised me.  I first bought it to get to work on a budget.  With the way people talk about Chinese motorcycles I am waiting for it to break.  But it won't! :D

Anyway, I plan to be posting a lot of information about the Lifan's here so if you own one please post up and let everyone know the good and the bad.

See you on the boards...

Maxattack

• View Profile
Hey Stryder, glad to see a Lifan forum!

I have an LF200 and I luv it!!  Great bike for the $.  I hear these bikes are basically a Honda XR200 dirt bike that has fairings and different wheels on it.  Do you know if this is true?

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey man, glad to have you on board!!!  I thought I was gonna be the only one here for a long time :D

Nice ride!  How many miles do you have on it so far?

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Hello All,

I just found this forum (one of very few) and decided to hop on board.  My wife and I are retired, the kids are gone so we decided it was time to put a little adventure between our legs as they say.

We started out with 150cc Chinese scooters, with good results, but it wasn't long before I needed just a bit more power.  As I looked at 250cc scooters I stumbled accross a Lifan LF250 Cruiser.  I thought the pics looked cool so I called American Lifan in Dallas and talked to Shawn about any local dealers that may have one to look at.  Sure enough he comes up with a dealer about 10 miles away from us and he had a black and silver in stock.  Well not any more!!  After a brief ride and a little negotiation, I ended up driving it home.  As it turned out I actually payed less than I would have from an internet dealer even after including tax. 

I now have about 159 miles on it and I love it.  For the money, it will be very hard to beat these things.  I think the fit & finish are as good as any and it runs like a top.  I do wish it sounded a little meatyer though so if anyone has ideas on where to get performance parts etc. please let me know.  It is starting to stay in the 50s now so I think the season is about over.  I tried to take a pic of it to post but my batteries are dead.  I'll get some tomorrow and post one.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello All,

I just found this forum (one of very few) and decided to hop on board.  My wife and I are retired, the kids are gone so we decided it was time to put a little adventure between our legs as they say.

We started out with 150cc Chinese scooters, with good results, but it wasn't long before I needed just a bit more power.  As I looked at 250cc scooters I stumbled accross a Lifan LF250 Cruiser.  I thought the pics looked cool so I called American Lifan in Dallas and talked to Shawn about any local dealers that may have one to look at.  Sure enough he comes up with a dealer about 10 miles away from us and he had a black and silver in stock.  Well not any more!!  After a brief ride and a little negotiation, I ended up driving it home.  As it turned out I actually payed less than I would have from an internet dealer even after including tax. 

I now have about 159 miles on it and I love it.  For the money, it will be very hard to beat these things.  I think the fit & finish are as good as any and it runs like a top.  I do wish it sounded a little meatyer though so if anyone has ideas on where to get performance parts etc. please let me know.  It is starting to stay in the 50s now so I think the season is about over.  I tried to take a pic of it to post but my batteries are dead.  I'll get some tomorrow and post one.
Hey countrycrusier, glad your on board!  Thanks for the report on the bike so far. 

Can I ask what you paid?  I'm sure as more people start riding these bikes the aftermarket will get stronger.  I have not seen any aftermarket pipes but I will do some digging...

countrycruiser

• View Profile
stryder,

I don't mind at all, $1425.00 with windsheild and front bar .  As luck would have it, the sun was shinning this afternoon with temps at mid 60s.  I just had to ride.  The more I ride it the better I like it.  I'll also post in the LF250 section hoping to get more aboard in that section.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow, not bad at all.  Can't wait to see some pics.  Are you in the midwest, USA?

Yeah, spread the word about the forum.  Maybe we can get more lf250 riders in here...

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Stryder,

We are in Southwest Ohio not far from the Indiana border in a town called Ross, Ohio.

I took some pics yesterday but I can't get them to post.  I get a message that says the file is too big.  Got any ideas what I need to do?

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
what size are your files?  I will increase your size allowance...

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Stryder

You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge of computers.  The dimensions are 2272X1704  1.03MB for each picture.

CC

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks good man!

For under 2K that is amazing.

countrycruiser

• View Profile
Thanks for the comments guys.  I really do  like it a  lot and yes I got a super deal.  I think he was motivated to sell because it had been there for six months and he could use the cash to buy some ATVs for Christmas sales.