LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Owning a Skygo SG250 - B

Pats-bike · 5 · 4133

Pats-bike

• View Profile
I've owned my Skygo SG 250 - B for about 6 months now and have had almost nothing but pleasure from it. The only real problem I've had is with a slight misfire in the engine caused I believe by a sticking slide in the CV carburettor. I did remove the slide once (bit fiddly as there's quite a lot to remove to just get at it) and put some light oil on it which seemed to cure the problem but of course the oil didn't last long with all the petrol around and the slight misfire has returned. It only occurs on light load throttle settings so is more of a slight annoyance really. When I get to check the tappet adjustments I'll take the slide out and polish it to see if that cures it once and for all. I'm unlucky enough not to have a garage (converted to eldest son's bedroom) so the poor bike has to live outside under a cover so the rust is appearing in a few places but mainly cosmetic at this stage and easily cured. The bike's running characteristics are great with ample power, good handling and very good fuel economy. All in all a great bike and so bladdy cheap compared to Jap stuff - Skygo 250 £1400 - Honda CG125 £2000

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Pat,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your skygo.  Let me know how the issues work out.  Sorry I don’t have much to offer as far as troubleshooting goes.  Have any pics?

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Have done the tappets and tried polishing the CV (carb) slide whilst I could get at it but it didn't make a lot of difference as the slide itself is coated in a black substance, me thinks maybe teflon. I oiled the slide once more and again cured the missfire but it's already appearing again. The only long lasting cure is possibly to remove the carb itself and polish the inside of the slide barrel to hopefully remove any rough edges. All the best, Pat

Aditokdi

• View Profile
Have you been running ethenol laced gasoline? I have heard that is not good for any bike.

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Have been using ordinary unleaded petrol so should be okay. The missfire has all but cured itself so hopefully any rough edges on the slide or carb have perhaps worn smooth.