LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Anyone know the tappet adjustment for the LF250?

Pats-bike · 2 · 2479

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Does anyone happen to know the tappet adjustment for the UK version of the LF 250 - B cruiser? Also, how to adjust the cam chain - if it has any adjustment that is? Thanks, Pat
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:21:47 PM by Pats-bike »

Pats-bike

• View Profile
Hi, I have just been told the correct tappet/valve adjustment (valve lash for those in the US) for the LF250 by a very kind fellow LF250 rider. I've given up trying to get the info from my local dealer as he doesn't know it himself and keeps claiming that he's been trying to contact someone who knows - yeah sure!.
The correct adjustment is as follows:
0.08-0.12mm intake 0.003-0.005in
0.10-0.14mm exhaust 0.004-0.006in
I am yet to check the adjustment on my bike but will hopefully be giving it a go in the next few days - weather allowing as I have to store my bike outside. I do know the main seat and fuel tank have to come off and that it's quite a fiddly job as there are the two rocker boxes and they're not too easy to remove - I'll let anyone who's interested know after I've attempted it.

As far as I can ascertain, the LF250 being almost an exact copy of the Yamaha Virago 250, the cam chain adjustment is spring loaded and hence automatic. Pat
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:49:04 AM by Pats-bike »