LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Lifan 125-30 'Samurai'

barnyspart · 6 · 8941

barnyspart

• View Profile
Hi, new to this forum but not to Lifan. Does anyone own a 125-30 Samurai? OR is anyone experiencing or has experienced severe vibration on a Lifan motorcycle/motorbike?

I brought my 125-30 Samurai 17 months ago. Problems = Speedo does not read correct MPH/KPH by all rights, what it reads and how fast I am going makes the other 125CC bikes super quick. Secondly, its a twin exhaust bike, studs have sheered off 4 times. First time, was told that it was due to the rear engine mounts being loose (bike 2 months old at this point), they were tightened problem solved and I made sure from then on they were always tight, all of em'. Vibration began again, all bolts tight, bike shop could not explain the problem so fed up with bills for snapped exhaust studs, drilled bigger studs in to head 6mm to 8mm. They have not snapped since (5 months now). All was as fine as it could get given the quiality of the bike then, whilst cleaning it, I noticed that the left hand (as you sit on it) engine support part of the frame had a clear fracture clean through. So checked rest of frame and the main fron of the frame where the front engine bracket is I noticed a hairline fracture nearly allway round. Also noticed a fracture in frame under the seat. Called the dealer from who I brought it from (A K Motorcycles Rugby) and surprise surprise, not interested, did not give a damn, said he could get it welded, 'trade rates' as if he was doing me a favour! He said as 12 month warranty had expired he is not responsible. I explained that yes I accept that re. engine etc but the frame, the chassis of the bike that I do not accept. I went on to tell him that the bike was unsafe and that I knew of another case in Portsmouth 'EXACTLY' the same issues. I told him the bike was not fit for purpose to which he said 'so you're going down that route, go on then see ya' then hung up. So having been suitably pissed off by that twat, I contacted trading standards, they in turn have contacted VOSA (Vehicle Operating Standards Agency) who are able to recall unsafe vehicles and hopefully they will inspect this bike and see what danger it presents not only to the rider but other road users and pedestrians. It does not need an MOT for another year and a half and had I not noticed the frame fractures who knows what would have happened!!!??? I contacted Llexeter today, they are the biggest importer in the UK of these bikes or one of them and I asked about the vibration on my bike. I was told it is common and the reason for this is that the engine is not rubber mounted. As a mechanic in a former life, I am amazed by this so, the engine is directly attached to the frame and therefore, the frame is taking the full stress of engine vibration in particular at high revs, speed humps, pot holes you name it. No wonder the frame snaps. I am convinced this is an inherent manufacturing defect on Lefans behalf and I would ask anyone who has experienced the same issues on any Lifan bike to help me in making these bikes fit for the roads.

Anyway, I'm off the hooby horse now, please help!!

Cheers, Banry

12noon

• View Profile
    • 12noon Gallery
I've not found any cracks on my bike yet, but nuts and bolts are coming loose all over the place. The bike has only done 650 miles so far and i've had one of the back foot rests drop off and lost a screw out of the exhaust. It wouldn't surprise me if someone doesn't end up getting hurt driving one of these Lifan motorcycles.
Skygo SG125-J owner

DONKEY

• View Profile
HI, FOLKS I HAVE JUST RECENTLEY BOUGHT AN 125-30, AGAIN AM GETTING THE VIBRATIONS THAT YOUS ARE GETTING AND AM JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE SORTED SOMETHING YET REGARDING THIS , (IS THERE NO WAY OF ADDING RUBBER MOUNTS TOO THE ENGINE MOUNTS)

Hoddie

• View Profile
I'm thinking of getting a 2011 lifan samurai 125, but cant find any info on it. whats its top speed? and is it a 125cc or 150cc bike? and has anyone found a way to put rubbers on the mounts to stop the vibrations and resulting problems?

Rider

• View Profile
Hi,

Why not try some threadlocker adhesive fluid such as Loctite, to prevent loosening of the nuts it really will help

paltobar

• View Profile
the vibrations are because the bike has an unbalenced flywheel. there is no way to cure but replace the engine or flywheel.
i suggest double bolting everuthing whith locking nuts as ive had mounts undo themselves among other more minor problems.
also keep it out of the weather as the plastics will not last if you dont. mine became brittle and broke as a result of the mixture of weathering and vibration and are NOT! cheap to replace