cant keep bike running cold

help
0 (0%)
please
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

metal_head37

• View Profile
i have a brand new lf200 with about 120 miles on it i cant keep the bike running at idle when its cold and the choke seems to do nothing to help it idle i end up killing the battery before i can keep it running and i already set the idle at 1500rpms when it was warm like the book said just another note this thing is the hardest kick starting bike ive ever seen i can jump on it and it still wont start please help me

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
i have a brand new lf200 with about 120 miles on it i cant keep the bike running at idle when its cold and the choke seems to do nothing to help it idle i end up killing the battery before i can keep it running and i already set the idle at 1500rpms when it was warm like the book said just another note this thing is the hardest kick starting bike ive ever seen i can jump on it and it still wont start please help me

HI. If the choke seems to do nothing than it needs to be adjusted at the clamp on the carb. Most likely it's not closing enough to create sufficient  vacuum for an adequate fuel flow at starting.

If the motors starts and then stalls out after a few seconds than it could also need the the idle (slow circuit) richened by turning in  the air bleed screw at the front of the carb.

Try to raise the idle speed using the chrome screw on the side of the carb when adjusting the brass air bleed screw. when the weather was cold to aide in starting I had my idle speed at 1600 to 1700 RPM according to the factory installed tachometer.

Always write down any adjustments you make (air screw in 1 turn, for example) so you can maintain a point of reference and return.

"Patience is the name of the road that leads to success" - Buyingchina
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:40:48 AM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

metal_head37

• View Profile
thanks for the tips ive done alot of work on fuel injected cars but im pretty new when it comes to small carb. motors like whats on my lifan ill keep you updated on my progress thanks again

metal_head37

• View Profile
my air bleed screw seems to do nothing to help the bike idle and the bike also has a miss and i cant get it out adjusting the air bleed screw and idle screw the spark plug seems to be gapped right it was a little black but not bad where should i go from here

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
my air bleed screw seems to do nothing to help the bike idle and the bike also has a miss and i cant get it out adjusting the air bleed screw and idle screw the spark plug seems to be gapped right it was a little black but not bad where should i go from here

Are your problems before, during, or after warm up?

Please describe as best as you can, what is the problem with the idle?

The air bleed screw adjustment probably won"t get the miss firing out.

Are the miss fires at idle or while your riding at higher RPM?

Sounds like your plug is "loading up" with carbon if its center electrode and ceramic insulator  is black.
This is typically the cause of miss fires.

I found that quite a few of these motors that wouldn't stay running long enough to warm up needed the choke cable adjusted at the carb. This was because the choke butterfly was not closing enough.

A restricted air flow or maladjusted carburator (to rich) could the cause of the problem.

Have you installed a dry high flow air filter? Do you have the factory oiled sponge filter? An over oiled sponge filter could be part of the problem.

Buyingchina

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 08:48:54 PM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

metal_head37

• View Profile
Ok I think I've got that problem fixed I set the valves and retuned the carb and it seems to be better. What I want to do now is run a 34 tooth sprocket on the rear and change the main jet. I live in north central ohio what main jet would you use and where would you set the needle valve. Also would you recomend a dry high flow air filter. If so which one and where can I get one. Will any fit the stock air box cause I'd like to keep it if i could.