Poll

What is gauze of the lubrication

gauze of the lubrication
0 (0%)
oil filter
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

pmjosu

What is "gauze of the lubrication"?  This is what my owners manual says.  What is it?  Where is it?  How do I service it?  Thanks

K75RT

• View Profile
As there is no filter on the LF200, I really can't speak ingrish like the so-called manual, what is that manual ?! Anyhow, when you change the oil you remove the 24mm oil nut, as you remove it you'll see there is a spring and then under it is  a screen "thimble". This is what I believe the manual calls the gauze filter...When I drop the oil I take the screen and wash it out and dry it in a parts washer.

BigJet Fixer

• View Profile
What is "gauze of the lubrication"?  This is what my owners manual says.  What is it?  Where is it?  How do I service it?  Thanks

From the dictionary .. 3. any material made of an open, meshlike weave, as of wire. So when reading a translated manual we in the states must remember the translation will be more to the "Queens" english than to the American english . So what we call a screen - is actually "gauze" Take a look at tyre .... another example. 

rockkkkher

• View Profile
i about lost my mind when i read that manual, weirdest thing ive ever seen, thanks to the guys that told us what that meant!! he didnt say exactly what bike he had which irks me, ive got a lifan lf200iii gs, and i give that info everytime so its not confusing, i need to change oil on it, is that 24mm oil bolt on the gear shift side and at the bottom right? if anyone has a lifan lf200iii gs try to contact me on you tube at therockkkkher

Splooge

• View Profile
    • Knees In The Wind

rockkkkher

• View Profile
ok,on my lf200iii gs, i changed the oil (with no help from lifan-forum, china-moto.com,or americanlifan.com), i unbolted the oil drain on the left side of the bike, at the bottom, and drained the oil,
  i took out the spring and the screen (gauze) and cleaned them. i slowly pushed kick starter to get all oil out, then reassembled, and with socket wrench and extension, finally managed to get bolt back on, just tight enough to not crack thread.  filled with 10-40 valvoline motorcycle oil, pushed kick starter a few times, remeasured, ran bike at speed at or below 30mph, remeasured. runs good!! hope this might help someone, i did get a newer manual off china-moto. com, so i am thankful for that!!