LifanForum.com
Lifan Motorcycle, Scooter And ATV Forum

Oil scape in my new LF 200 III

roquesanteira · 3 · 2200

roquesanteira

• View Profile
Hi everybody. I buy a new Lifan LF 200 III and has a small escape of oil under the engine to the left side. Someone can indicate me what can be? In the review of maintenance of 500 Km they did not solve it. This escape only happens when the engine is warm and alone a few drops fall down. When engine is cooled this escape stop. (sorry the bad english, i talk spanish).
Thaks for help.

Buyingchina

• View Profile
    • Lifan Cycle Forums
Hi everybody. I buy a new Lifan LF 200 III and has a small escape of oil under the engine to the left side. Someone can indicate me what can be? In the review of maintenance of 500 Km they did not solve it. This escape only happens when the engine is warm and alone a few drops fall down. When engine is cooled this escape stop. (sorry the bad english, i talk spanish).
Thaks for help.

Hello.

#1 The oil drip may be from chain oil that comes off on the inside of the chain case (front sprocket guard), and when the motor gets hot it will drip down on the left side

#2 the shaft seal on the front sprocket shaft behind the guard and sprocket needs replacement due to wear, damage, or improper installation. I have seen this type of seal canted during installation and left that way causing them to leak.

Clean under the sprocket cover to find the source of the leak. If you need to replace the shaft seal the standard industry number is  68-20-34 metric shaft seal. I would recommend a Viton seal for durability and long life. These standard metric seals are available from most bearing suppliers in  major cities around the world.

I hope this is helpfull, Buyingchina
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:22:41 PM by Buyingchina »
Buyingchina

roquesanteira

• View Profile
Thank's a lot. I will follow your instructions and then I tell you woh it was.